1 day rides
There are many interesting and scenic places around Bengaluru. You can check my map of places explored so far. It only shows the paths I have been traveling on motorcycle. We can improvise depending on what you would like to see - monuments mostly or nature.
Examples of 1 day rides:
- Shravanabelagola 290 km (monument)
- Nandi Hills and Avalabetta 210 km (scenic and monument)
- Puttaparthi 350 km (Scenic and monument)
- Lepakshi 250 km (monument)
- Yelagiri 320 km (scenic)
- DD Hills and Shivaganga 155 km (scenic)
- Bennerghatta National Park + Pyramid Valley 100 km (scenic)
- Belur, Belavadi, Halebeedu 480 km (monuments)
- Srirangapatna and Mysore 320 km (monuments)
- Ramanagara and around Savanadurga + swimming in Manchanabele reservoir 180 km (scenic). The park in Ramanagara has entry charges, foreigner tickets cost more than for Indians.
- Rosary Church ruins 400 km (monument)
- Kolar + Devanahalli Fort 170 km (scenic, monuments)
Prices for pillion riders:
100 km - Rs 1560
150 km - Rs 1740
200 km - Rs 1920
250 km - Rs 2100
300 km - Rs 2280
350 km - Rs 2460
400 km - Rs 2640
An example how one day ride looks. This particular one was with some streches on dirt roads. Rides could be done on highways only, if you wish.
full weekend rides
Regular weekend is two days long, but during some festivals it could be 3-4 days long.
Coorg, Chickmagalury, Yercaurd, Yelagiri, Pondicherry, Chennai, Mangalore etc
PRICE: By kilometers (see above) + driver's food (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and accomodation (could be on sharing basis) expenses.
All motorcycle trips will be planned individually.
Usually we stay only over night in hotels or guest houses and in most of them food is not served. Prices of guesthouses are very different. Most guest houses and hotels charge per room, but here are some which charge per person – mostly local resort type of accommodation.
100 Rupees = 1.48 US dollars = 1.25 Euros
1 USD = 67.53 Rupees
1 EUR = 80 Rupees
* 16th of May, 2018.
I recommend you to buy sleeping bag sheets, either at home, or here in Bangalore. If we will travel in some remote places through small towns, then you might have to "forget" about hygiene. In such places, it is most advisable to carry your own sheets.
'FREE TIBET' RIDE
Approximately 1300 km - 5 days ride. It depends how much time you want to spend. Could be more.
Here in Karnataka are five Tibetian settelments. Our route will cover all. As bonus we will visit Chickmagaluru and African-Indian village. Only here is one tricky thing - you/we must apply for 'Protected Area Permit (PAP)'.
Protective gear is mandatory for pillions and riders!
I can provide helmet, jacket, gloves, knee and elbow guards.
Rain coats and protective boots or shoes are not provided, so you must wear some serious foot wear.
No flip-flops allowed during a ride on a motorcycle!
We accept debit/credit cards and paytm.